Thursday, August 18, 2011

Katy Perry, Gaga and more!



I know everyone was excited to hear that the "legendary" Katy Perry has tied Michael Jackson's record of five number one hits off of one album.  We can only hope she releases a sixth single, and remixes it with Rihanna at the last minute to sell a few more thousand copies to push it to the number one spot!  Now, now, I'm not shading the lovely Ms. Perry.  I find her rather amusing and hope she never changes.  But the trend of adding another singer or rapper last minute to sell a few more copies to push the song to the number one spot definitely shows that success on the Hot 100 nowadays is a lot different then they were during MJ's time.  Still, Katy should be honored to have her name next to Michael Jackson's in the record book.



Monsters were welcomed with some lovely cryptic tweets from Gaga on Tuesday, where she tweeted FUCK THURS DAY, which brought her total tweet count to 999.  Everyone was left wondering... is the music video coming early?  Are we just moments away from an early release of You and I?  A few hours later the video leaked and the Lady herself eventually tweeted a link to it.  So obviously everyone has been waiting on pins and needles waiting to hear my response.  And well, I liked it.  After my first watch I was left with the feeling that I had no idea what I just watched.  But that seems normal with a Gaga video.  All I knew was that I saw lots of pretty images and some amazing costumes.  But after watching it a few more times I grew to like it a lot more actually.  The dancing in the barn scene is cute, and I love love love the scenes with her in the cornfield, playing on the piano with Jo Calderone on top.  The cherry on top is when Gaga runs barefoot through the field, like a child that has just learned to run.  I will say it is my 2nd favorite video of the Born This Way era, only behind the Judas video.


Kelly Clarkson is back!  Well she will be by the end of the month.  Aww.  I missed her and I'm sure you did as well.  She tweeted earlier this week, "Finally! My new single is called “Mr. Know It All” and it’s coming to radio very soon. Also, my album, STRONGER, is officially coming out October 25th. Here’s a link to my new website that will give you all the info on the upcoming release dates, single artwork, and more! GET READY CAUSE I AM!"  Oh Kelly, I was born ready and cannot wait to hear your latest offering.


Lastly Mike "the Situation" Sorrentino was offered a large amount of money by Abercrombie & Fitch, asking him to STOP wearing their brand of clothing.  Seems like a win-win situation for the Situation eh?  I mean all his role has been lately is be the instigator to stir up drama and press, all the while getting paid for it.  And here he is, making headlines around different news junkets, for a story about him making money.  Way to go Mike!

No comments:

Post a Comment