Tuesday, October 5, 2010

It's the best time of the year. The sweaty high 80s cool down to the breezy 60s. For a few weeks at least before Michigan starts crapping on us with the below freezing winter that lasts far too long. One has an excuse to marathon crappy scary movies like Sorority Row and watch Audrina's breast implants get impaled with a tire iron. Pumpkins, witches and ghosts haunt the neighborhood. Costume parties! As we all have learned from Mean Girls, "Halloween is the one night a year when girls can dress like a total slut and no other girls can say anything about it."




And yes I will be rockin' some black leggings come Halloweekend. But the best thing about this time of year? It's Christmas-time for us TV addicts.

Anyways as one can see I'm not the best at keeping up with this blog, and I think I even stated I would change my mind on what I do and when. There's no rules for how I run this thing. So at the moment I am going to use this to keep my thoughts on current things I've watched.

If you haven't been keeping up with these shows then skip them...


Alright let's start with 90210. A show that for some reason I still make the effort to catch every week. I know how badly written the show is and I don't care. In my opinion it is the ONLY watchable teen soapy drama on at the moment. Which is a sad thing I might add. Gossip Girl hasn't been able to repeat it's season one masterpiece. If you watch that show now it's the same thing over and over. Chuck and Blair hate each other, hurt each other, love each other, Serena dresses slutty, Vanessa's judgmental and a bore, Dawn, I mean Georgina randomly appears to spread havoc for an episode or two and swiftly leaves, etc. Just no.



Back to 90210. Let me keep you up to date. So at the end of season 1 it is assumed that innocent Annie is a skank and a half. Drinks are thrown at her as we viewers laugh and enjoy the schadenfreude. Annie is all OMG, but i'm the innocent princess, I hate you all! She grabs herself a bottle, which is the first smart decision she made all season. But then she decides to drive. Not so smart. And well quite simply she runs over a body. Or so we think. Dun dun dun. Moving on, season 2 awesomely cuts out most of Annie's screen time and makes us wonder if she really killed someone. There's a creepy stalker boyfriend involved as well but it ended up being not so important. Well the finale comes, and guess what? Why yes. Annie did kill someone. But you know what? She is sorry. So it's all good. Don't worry Annie. While Annie is getting away with murder poor Naomi is getting sexually assaulted by a teacher.

Season 3 is now 4 episodes in and has a bout a million stories going on at once. And it wouldn't be 90210 if most of them weren't fucking insane. Like why the hell is this creepy 30 something lady obsessed with Annie and wants her eggs? Seriously? Is this a normal high school storyline? In other news Teddy has a case of the gay, Adrianna is being black mailed for stealing her dead exe's song, the Wilsons are poor, Dixon might have AIDs, Liam has a random half brother interested in Annie, and again Naomi was fucking raped! Keeping up with all that?



Alright since that was my only Monday night show I will end it there. Starting next week I will try my best to post my thoughts on each new episode as they air. Look forward to hearing about America's Next Top Model on Weds! And well Thurs... that might take a while. Heh. Shows that I watch on my own time since I don't have Starz (IE Dexter and Weeds) will go up when i feel like it.

Here is a list of my tv week, since i know you care so much.

Sunday: Dexter
Monday: 90210, Weeds
Wednesday: ANTM
Thursday: Vampire Diaries, 30 Rock, The Office, Project Runway, Jersey Shore, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Oh and let's add that I recently got into the Wire and just got season 2 today from the library. Exciting!

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment